- AD – She is the biggest fangirl I have ever met and also one of the funniest friends I have. She reminds me every day of how I can do anything I set my mind to and is just incredibly supportive. She is a freaking fighter who has survived a lot of unfair crap but manages to keep a smile on her face. You could probably say I look up to her haha (slight joke, she’s 6’1″ tall, and I am 5’0″ tall.)
- LCM – This girl is my best friend and
practicallymy sister. We met each other at a summer camp in 2009 and have been best friends since then. She is brilliant, gorgeous, and always cheering me on.
- HF – She is one of my best friends, and I love her so much. I can tell her literally anything, and she does not judge me or think less of me. She just gets me, and no matter how much I mess up in life she is always there to remind me of how great I am. We are both obsessed with Harry Potter so I can fangirl about it with her.
- MB – I love this girl so much. She has been there for me throughout everything. We have gone through so much together, and it has made us so close. We have the kind of friendship where we can just sit around and talk without being bored. She always helps me through our shared faith in God.
- KBE – My former camp counselor my final year at camp when I was 17. She is an amazing friend and mentor to me.
- Bro – My big brother. I annoy him sometimes (it’s my job as his little sis!), but I know he loves me, and I love him. He is incredibly supportive of me and never fails to do what he can for me.
- M and D – My parents! It’s hard to give them any sort of description because I could write for pages and pages. I will leave it at this – I could not have made it through any of this without them ❤
- Pepper – My chinchilla child who is two years old. He is my little honey bunny and my best buddy. My friends and parents can tell you just how in love I am with him.
Current Treatment Team
- AAC – My amazing therapist who I have worked with for close to 3 years. She is a tough and no-bs type of person who refuses to give up on me or let me give up on myself. She’s seen me at my best and worst moments. I am endlessly grateful for them.
- PJ – My dietitian I have been working with for around a year. She is incredibly kind and also does not let me get away with anything. She challenges my eating disorder and challenges me. I am grateful I work with her because she has helped me more than probably any of my dietitians.
Past Treatment Team (Keeping them here because they’re in a ton of old posts and also because they still may be referenced from a place of reflection/I still occasionally see BM)
- BC – My former dietitian. She is a total sweetheart and helps me work hard to conquer my fears around food. Her best quality is definitely the fact that she laughs at my terrible jokes. I worked with her until mid-January of 2017.
- BM – She is a yoga therapist who works at my former PHP/IOP. BM has been an amazing mentor to me, and she has taught me so much. She is tough on me when she needs to be and also the kindest woman I know.
- ES – She was my first dietitian at PHP/IOP. She was also a yoga therapist. She has now left IDC to live in Seattle. I have learned so many life lessons from her, and she is such a wise woman. She helped me reconnect with my faith when my eating disorder tried to steal it from me.
- TK – The residential treatment center I went to for treatment. I was there twice once in 2014 and again in 2015.
- CFD – The residential treatment center I went to in the summer of 2016.
- IDC – This is the treatment center where I did PHP/IOP.
- MAP – MAP (Mood and Anxiety Program) is the program I did November 2017 for depression and anxiety.
- PHP – Partial hospitalization program
- IOP – Intensive outpatient program
- ED – Short for “eating disorder”
- Behaviors – A catchall term for things like restricting, purging, binging, etc. as well as other non-eating disorder related negative behaviors.